Hey Friends, Thank you for joining me for another short post to help make your backyard the best place to host friends this Spring/ Summer.
If this is your first time here, WELCOME!
My name is Niki and I do more than just sell houses, I help you put the HEART into your HOME and I love doing that through tips on my blog. Let’s get started!
It’s beginning to look a lot like outdoor entertaining season! Time to fire up the grill, throw some drinks in a cooler and invite your neighbors over for a cookout! But maybe you don’t have the ideal setup for entertaining in your backyard or your outdoor space could use a mini makeover.
Today I’m sharing 3 ways you can turn your backyard into entertainment central!
LIGHT IT UP
- One of the best ways to add some style to your deck or patio while also creating ambiance for hosting a party is to incorporate lighting.
- Jump on Crate & Barrel and order some of those string lights to hang in your outdoor space. Trust me, they will create an instant party atmosphere!
- Don’t forget the candles! The combo of string lights with several candles scattered around the area will be the perfect mix. Put a couple of Citronella candles on the patio table to keep bugs away. And for some bonus style, buy a few tall lanterns you can place around with candles and light those too.
• Light a fire! If you don’t have the space for building a real bonfire pit (or live somewhere that you can’t have bonfires), look at Home Depot or sites like Overstock and Wayfair for a gas fire pit. They look great and while they don’t add a ton of warmth, they do give off a little heat perfect for a cool summer night.
I found a few ideas for you here: Portable Fire Pit
MAKE IT COLORFUL
- Whether you’re hanging out on the deck or patio, don’t just rely on the trees for color. Get a few giant pots and add in a variety of plants and flowers to bring some color to your space. Look on Pinterest for inspiration!
- Swap out your umbrella for a colorful one. A nice pop of red, yellow or blue is a fun way to bring color into your outdoor space while still keeping the furniture colors neutral.
DON’T FORGET THE SEATING
- If you truly want your backyard to look like entertainment central, you’re going to want to have good seating.
- In addition to your patio table and chairs, incorporate additional seating such as an outdoor sectional or some padded swivel chairs to set out and create multiple conversation areas.
- Another popular seating style is the Adirondack chair. These are great for setting up around a fire pit or by a pool but pick a style that works for you!
Thank you for joining me today. I would love to see pictures of your entertainment spaces. If you make any changes to your backyard, please share with me below!
Until Next Time!